Tuition refund for TECO students leaving prior to program completion is based on the following refund policy:
- In the event of class cancellation, all tuition and fees shall be refunded.
- If a student formally withdraws on or before the student's first scheduled day of instruction, 100% of the tuition and lab fees paid shall be refunded. No refunds will be given on application/registration fees, bookstore purchases, and/or insurance.
- For programs of more than 30 hours, if a student formally withdraws after the first day of class, but within the first five (5) class days of the student's scheduled entry date, 75% of the tuition and lab fees paid shall be refunded. No refunds will be given on application/registration fees, bookstore purchases, and/or insurance.
- No refund will be issued after the first five (5) scheduled classes.
- For programs of 30 hours or less, no refund will be given after the first day of class.
- Refunds will be issued within 30 days. The Director or designee must approve all refunds prior to payment.
Effective July 1, 2002, any currently enrolled student at an area technical center who is called to, or enlists in, active military service shall not incur academic or financial penalties by virtue of performing military service on behalf of our country. Such student shall be permitted the option of either completing the course or courses at alater date without penalty or withdrawing from the course or courses with a full refund of tuition and lab fees paid. No refunds will be given on application fees, registration fees, bookstore purchases, or insurance. If the student chooses to withdraw, the student's record shall reflect that the withdrawal is due to active military service. TheTitle IV Fair and Equitable Refund policy applies to all Title IV(Federal Pell Grant) recipients. Detailed information can be found in the Bookkeepers office.