Medical Administrative Specialist
The Medical Administrative Specialist program is designed to prepare students for employment or advanced studies by offering a broad foundation of knowledge and skills that incorporate the role of a medical secretary. This program is competency based and consists of 4 occupational completion points, each of which requires the student to meet state standards.
The mission of this program is to prepare the student with the necessary knowledge and skills to obtain employment and to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed.
- Microsoft Office 2013 - student develops an exercise-oriented approach that allows learning by doing, using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Use of technology to develop knowledge and skills needed to perform basic office procedures
- Critical thinking, sound reasoning, and ethical decision making skills
- Use of technology to prepare medical reports (transcription)
- Medical terminology
- Fundamentals of the medical office environment and administration
- Daily keyboarding to improve speed, accuracy, and proofreading skills
- Employability skills - professional resume
Industry Certifications and Licenses
MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)